March through October
First (4): $1198
Each additional: $200
Additional child 12 and under: $175
(9*) Guests Maximum
Sedona: About 7:00 AM
Flagstaff: About 7:30 AM
Sedona: About 7:00 PM
Flagstaff: About 6:30 PM
* Does not include sales tax or gratuity
Or Call 1-800-600-4006
Float Tour Highlights & Features
* $40 surcharge for river-tour rerouting due recent road closures. Views of Glenn Canyon Dam are not available until roadwork is completed.
If braving the raging whitewater of the Colorado River isn’t your thing, consider a relaxing float on the calm blue-green waters of the upper Colorado River from Lee’s Ferry. Silver Spur Tours offers a private tour from Sedona or Flagstaff through the awe inspiring cliffs of Glenn Canyon. Travel through Horseshoe Bend, one of the Southwest’s most photographed features, and enjoy lunch on a sandy beach where petroglyphs left by ancient native cultures mark the sheer canyon wall. On your ride home, our tour will feature views of hoodoos, balancing rocks and Vermillion Cliffs, and a stop for views from Navajo Bridge. A narrative tour with a professional, knowledgeable tour guide will provide history of the native peoples, and information on the geological formations and flora and fauna of the Navajo Nation. Your guide will also provide history about the Glenn Canyon Dam and Lake Powell as well as current and recent events along the way.
- Private VIP pickup at all Sedona and Flagstaff hotels and B&B’s.
- * 8 passenger custom Mercedes-built van with optional 9th Console seat
- Calm Water Colorado River float on a 15 passenger raft with guide.
- Turkey sandwich with Monterrey Jack on 9 grain (no options)
- Possible sightings of the endangered Condor.
- Short hike to ancient Indian petroglyphs.
- After float rivers edge meat, cheese and fruit picnic
- Marble Canyon & views of Vermilion Cliffs.
- Views of western edge of Painted Desert.
- Souvenir water bottle for each guest 6 years and older
- This tour is 10-12 hours from pick up to drop off
The Float Experience
An amazing experience. A mild, smooth water float with other guests on a 15 passenger commercial, motorized pontoon raft into astounding scenery near where the Grand Canyon begins on the Colorado River. Board the raft and and power upriver to begin the scenic float trip. Your entertaining guide will narrate the history of the original exploration by Major John Wesley Powell as you glide through blue-green waters between towering, colorful sandstone cliffs. Keep your eyes open for the nearly extinct California Condor, America’s largest bird with wingspans that stretch to 9.5 feet. During the float trip, the raft will beach for a short hike to view prehistoric petroglyphs. Gaze at the magnificent scenery as you enjoy a furnished lunch on the banks of the Colorado River. Get your feet wet or take a quick swim. The float ends at historic Lees Ferry, the river gateway to the beginning of the Grand Canyon. The glistening waters at Lees Ferry feature some of the best trout fishing in the country. Your driver/tour guide awaits your arrival at Lee’s Ferry with a bountiful picnic at the rivers edge. Bring your favorite beverages and we will keep it on ice for your arrival. We’ll stop and explore the Balancing Rocks of Marble Canyon. When crossing the Navajo Bridge, look for Condors that nest in the cliffs around the bridge. On the return trip to Flagstaff and Sedona you will have views of western edge of the Painted Desert and Sunset Crater. The memories of this incredible day will embed for a lifetime.
Before The Float.
Buckle up, grab your camera. The drive to the Colorado River proceeds through lush Ponderosa Pine forests and alongside dormant volcanoes that comprise the San Francisco Peaks, the tallest mountain range in Arizona. On the way we pass through portions of the Navajo Indian Reservation.
* See Tour Terms and Conditions
River Rafts hold up to 15 people and are not private.
Minimum age on the float is 4 years old. Child discount for ages 4-12. Smoking is prohibited during the float.